AHH!! I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already! I knew the week was going to go fast (it always does when you’re having fun), but it’s just flying by.
One reason for that may be because I’m doing so much work that’s new to me. Yesterday I started the day finishing a deconstructed collage I had started on Monday – another sample for the upcoming Deconstructed Collage workshop on Saturday! – but then I delved into a new project.
I had never really worked with Lutradur before, but had ordered a large bolt of it a couple of months ago. I hadn’t even opened the package until yesterday, but as with all my projects this week it was the perfect time to try it. I got the “thick” stuff (it comes in two thicknesses), and I immediately started to burn it. Because it’s a 100% synthetic fabric, it melts when you apply heat and creates tiny holes, almost like lace. Plus, it’s just fun to set fire to things sometimes. 😀
I then applied some poster paint I’d gotten at Richeson’s a week or two earlier – they were super cheap in their Bargain Room so I picked up every color I saw. I decided to try just primary colors yesterday, because that’s not my normal palette and it’s all about straying from my norm this week!
I then machine-embroidered over the painted areas in the corresponding thread color. I used my free motion foot and just “scribbled”:
SO fun! It did take a while but I was having so much fun with it, I didn’t care. I’m not on any timeline this week, so I was free to just explore this all day. And I did! 😀 Here’s a close-up of the piece:
Sorry for the focus issue! 😀 After I was done, I put a book page behind it and framed it. Here’s the piece, all framed and ready to go!
I want to do more of these today and try more colorways! 😀